All systems are web-based. These applications are used to enhance the University’s business processes, provide summarized and detailed data that is easily accessible through inquiries, queries and reports, and maintain a reliable and secure database.
The Financials System, better known as ‘Spectrum Plus’, consists of the General Ledger, Commitment Control, Accounts Payables, Asset Management and Purchasing modules. ADP (Automated Data Processing) is comprised of Employee Self Service (ESS), EV5, and eTime applications and Panther Mart consists of Higher Markets and Total Supplier Management.
Our primary services include System Support and Maintenance, Training and Security/Workflow Access.
System Support and Maintenance
- Perform 2nd tier software and data error resolution
- Troubleshoot Spectrum, Panther Mart, ESS, EV5 and eTime data errors
- Perform software testing for applications, GSU modifications, interfaces and setup & configuration changes
- Maintain interface between EV5 and other campus systems (i.e. person registry, financial aid, etc.)
- Maintain interface between Spectrum, Panther Mart and other campus systems (i.e. person registry, financial aid, etc.)
- Open, Track and Resolve Help Tickets submitted by users
- Work with Shared Services representatives to resolve problems
- Work as a liaison between users and the technical team to resolve issues
- Maintain Data Integrity between tables and ledgers
- Develop reports and complex queries for user
- Evaluate business processes and recommend business process improvements
- Assess new data needs and requirements
In addition to the financials training, we develop and deliver manager level training and employee level training in ADP (Human Resource System) to facilitate hiring employees, terminating employees, updating employee benefits, managing time sheets and leave requests and general navigation through EV5, ESS, and eTime systems. For additional information on class schedules, contact the Spectrum Team at Spectrum_Team@gsu.edu.
Also, the Spectrum Office sets up and maintains Department and Project Workflow. Workflow is the online approval routing for transactions such as purchase requisitions, payment requests, travel authorizations and general ledger journals. Workflow approval enables these transactions that are initiated by Requestors/End Users, to be routed through the system to pre-defined Approvers. Employees can be assigned a 1st or 2nd level of approval for department workflow or assigned a 1st, 2nd or 3rd level of approval for project workflow. A workflow request must be completed and must have the appropriate signatures before employees are assigned a level of approval.
We administer ADP security and workflow through the Shared Services Center. Please visit the HR website for additional information on ADP and Shared Services, http://hr.gsu.edu.
Citizens Trust Bank Building
Suite B, Basement
75 Piedmont Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30303
8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3961
Atlanta, GA 30302-3961
Inter Office Mail
P.O. Box 3961
Contact Help Desk @404-413-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org for problems using the Spectrum System (Logging in, Error message, etc.) The problem will be routed to the appropriate person.