Effective May 20, 2021 after 10 PM, VPN and DUO will be required to log into Spectrum when working off-campus as well as on-campus.
All systems are web-based. These applications are used to enhance the University’s business processes, provide summarized and detailed data that is easily accessible through inquiries, queries and reports, and maintain a reliable and secure database.
The Financials System, better known as ‘Spectrum Plus’, consists of the General Ledger, Commitment Control, Accounts Payables, Asset Management and Purchasing modules. ONEUSG Connect is comprised of HR management, time and attendance, and benefits administration. Panther Mart consists of Higher Markets and Total Supplier Management.
Our primary services include System Support and Maintenance, Training and Security/Workflow Access.
System Support and Maintenance
- Perform 2nd tier software and data error resolution
- Troubleshoot Spectrum, Panther Mart, ONEUSG Connect
- Perform software testing for applications, GSU modifications, interfaces and setup & configuration changes
- Maintain interface between ONEUSG Connect and other campus systems (i.e. person registry, financial aid, etc.)
- Maintain interface between Spectrum, Panther Mart and other campus systems (i.e. person registry, financial aid, etc.)
- Open, Track and Resolve Help Tickets submitted by users
- Work with Shared Services representatives to resolve problems
- Work as a liaison between users and the technical team to resolve issues
- Maintain Data Integrity between tables and ledgers
- Develop reports and complex queries for user
- Evaluate business processes and recommend business process improvements
- Assess new data needs and requirements
Also, the Spectrum Office sets up and maintains Department and Project Workflow. Workflow is the online approval routing for transactions such as purchase requisitions, payment requests, travel authorizations and general ledger journals. Workflow approval enables these transactions that are initiated by Requestors/End Users, to be routed through the system to pre-defined Approvers. Employees can be assigned a 1st or 2nd level of approval for department workflow or assigned a 1st, 2nd or 3rd level of approval for project workflow. A workflow request must be completed and must have the appropriate signatures before employees are assigned a level of approval.
We recently became aware of an issue with DELL Punchouts using DELL generated quotes. The price of items that get populated into PantherMart is incorrect.
The issue is with bundled items. Currently bundled items only count the first ‘main’ item, and the other items fall off when they come over to PantherMart, causing the total to be less than it should be.
We worked with Dell on this issue; and the best workaround is to create a non-catalog requisition to capture quotes with bundled items. Include the quote number in the Product Description and in the field for Catalog Number.
This workaround is ONLY required when using a DELL generated quote. Normal Punchout catalog items are NOT affected.
As always, if you need assistance with PantherMart, please email us at email@example.com and we’ll assist.
Citizens Trust Bank Building
75 Piedmont Avenue
Atlanta, GA 30303
8:30 a.m.-5:15 p.m.
Georgia State University
P.O. Box 3961
Atlanta, GA 30302-3961
Inter Office Mail
P.O. Box 3961
Contact Help Desk @404-413-4357 or firstname.lastname@example.org for problems using the Spectrum System (Logging in, Error message, etc.) The problem will be routed to the appropriate person.